A.Foundation repair contractor Dave Cunningham responds: That house needs a deep pier system to support the footings from below. It's a job for a specialty contractor. Your choices on the market are concrete pilings, push piers, or helical piers; which one you choose will depend on what the local contractors in your area have available, and on which contractor you feel most confident about. I'd get at least three proposals before you decide.

Some systems can be installed from inside the basement if there are exterior elements you don't want to disturb. But, generally, you end up excavating around the exterior down to the footing and attaching your piers to the footing from the outside.

or Register to continue reading