"To put it as simply as possible," explains the intro to a slideshow in Contractor magazine, "plumbing codes help ensure the proper performance of plumbing systems. That’s it. By doing so the codes make for more efficient systems while safeguarding the health and safety of the public." Aptly put.
In this short slideshow, Contractor identifies the top five plumbing code violations.
The slideshow's captions provide clear guidance on the following issues:
- Improper slope on drain pipes.
- Too few clean-outs on building sewers.
- Improperly placed clean-outs.
- Wrong fittings for change of direction.
- Not enough space around the toilet.