A.David Damery, chief undergraduate advisor for the Building Materials and Wood Technology program at the University of Massachusetts in Amherst, responds: There are a variety of construction-related programs available, but the names of the degree programs are not standardized. Programs worth considering include construction management, construction science, construction technology, architecture engineering, and wood technology. The program in which I teach at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, is called Building Materials and Wood Technology.

If you are interested in a graduate degree program, visit the website www.gradschools.com, which lists 34 U.S. construction management programs and 32 programs in architecture engineering and construction science.

or Register to continue reading