Festool recently announced a cyclonic dust particle separator for use with its CT extractors. It will first be available to the European market but is expected to launch in the U.S. on October 1. The CT Cyclone CT-VA-20 will retail for $375 and include a cyclone systainer, VAB-20 collection container, systainer pan, connecting hose, disposable bag, and container lid. The CT Cyclone:
- will allow the CT extractor to retain constant high suction power because main filter is relieved
- provides comfortable and safe transportation thanks to the compact, rugged, and stackable containers.
- will allow you to work flexibly with or without the CT dust separator depending on what you do
- can be combined with all Festool vacuum cleaners CT 26/36/48 with and without Autoclean function
- is approved for dust classes L and M
- is ideal for machines and applications with heavy dust formation
- can capture up to 80% of fine mineral dust
- can capture up to 95% of coarse chips, such as sawdust
- is T-loc compatible
This article originally appeared in Tools of the Trade.