To the Editor:
In horrified response to the article
"Getting Burned by a Client" by Chuck
Green (6/96), I have renewed my business
plan to include the following:
1. Stress spec home building.
2. Say no to clients who are not using
a lender for the project.
3. Have my wife, who is more intuitive
than myself, join in the initial
4. Have an attorney review my standard
5. Investigate the clients and their
I must say that I even considered
not building for clients at all, but only
doing spec homes. To allay the fears
some builders have after reading your
article, how about an article where the
General wins some disputes?
James R. Anderson