Download PDF version (186.1k) Log In or Register to view the full article as a PDF document.
I am convinced that most small business owners are scared to death of bankers. They view loan officers as stiff-lipped stuffed shirts who take pleasure in foreclosing on little old ladies on Christmas Eve. Banks are often accused of loaning money only to those who don't really need it, and even then only if the loan is backed by cash or blue chip stocks. But banks don't make any money unless they make loans. Since only about 20% of American businesses have names like General Motors, banks are very active in financing the other 80% that are considered "small" businesses. The question is: How can you, the small business owner, tap into banking resources to help expand your business? Here